[Gllug] KDE application control menu has disappeared

John G Walker johngeoffreywalker at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jul 20 21:10:45 UTC 2009

Setting up my new machine, using openSUSE 11.1 and KDE 4, I needed to
go into runlevel 3, which was fine. When I returned to runlevel 5
(which I think is the one that I should be using) the KDE control menu
has disappeared from the panel, leaving me without any means of running
any program under KDE that doesn't have an icon on the desktop.

Eeeek!

What has happened? And, more importantly, how do I get it back?

I thought maybe I should go to the installation disk, but this only
tries to give me a second version of openSUSE 11.1. One would seem to
be enough for then average PC,

--
 All the best,
 John