[Gllug] ubuntu hibernate problem

John Edwards john at cornerstonelinux.co.uk
Mon Jul 20 20:22:40 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 03:05:17PM -0500, Lucy Peters wrote:
>>> I use ubuntu 9.04 and when I closed the lid to activate the system
>>> hibernation and unable to resume. The system was not able to resume and
>>> turned into a blank black screen after reboot listing. I had to switch
>>> off power and boot from scratch again.
>>>
>>> Do you know how to fix this hibernate problem ?
>
>> No, but you're not giving us much to go on. Hardware details?
>> Since you mention closing the lid, presumably it's a laptop.
>> A make and model would help those in the know (which in this
>> case isn't me) track down the problem.
>
>> FWIW, my laptop (a Compaq nc4000) does exactly the same. Resume
>> after suspend gets you a plain black screen.
>
> I use ubuntu 9.04 on my Samsung NC10. Can you help ?
>
> Lucy

Other people have reported hibernate problems on that laptop.

There is a Ubuntu bug report about the ATA drive controller:

But the description of the problem sound different to yours.

Some people have found that the Ubuntu Netbook Remix works better
that the standard Ubuntu CDs:
	http://nc10ubuntu.wordpress.com/

And there is a whole forum dedicated to running Linux on the
Samsung NC10:
	http://www.voria.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3

(all the above pages found from searching Google for
Samsung NC10 hibernate ubuntu OR linux)