[Gllug] Fonts problem in Debian

lesleyb at herlug.org.uk lesleyb at herlug.org.uk
Mon Jun 29 11:56:18 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 11:44:52AM +0000, Chris Bell wrote:
> On Mon 29 Jun, lesleyb at herlug.org.uk wrote:
> >

> > I just tried to grab the amd64 netinst iso and got a 404.  I have a copy locally somew
> > here if you need that.
> >
> > However http://www.mirrorservice.org/sites/cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/5.0.1/amd64/ji
> > gdo-dvd/
> > looks up to me. As does the i386 equivalent.
> >
> > 5.0.2 yet to be rolled out .
> >
> > Are your updates/upgrades working?
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > L.
>
>    Yes found the mirrorservice.org, and cdimage.debian.org is back on line,
> although as you say without 5.0r2. I think they may have discovered how many
> people were waiting to download. I do have 5.0.1 but several people are
> waiting for me to appear with revision 2, despite me telling them that
> Debian is easy to update.

I found aptitude update followed by aptitude safe-upgrade work admirably.

Much of 5.0.2 apparently exists in security updates anyway which most should be doing
as a matter of course.

I am wondering - you have users that won't update their systems? Perhaps a script
(using sudo to execute the aptitude commands) would suffice if they are scared of root?
You could detect whether there are any updates to do by running a -s safe-upgrade first.

Regards

L.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk