[Gllug] Seeking some laptop advice

Dan Kolb gllug at eco.li
Mon Jun 8 09:56:57 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jun 05, 2009 at 04:32:42PM +0100, Christopher Hunter wrote:

> The ones I have use the standard "figure-8" mains connector or (in one
> case) an IEC connector.  Neither are unusual.

Pedantically, the 'figure-8' is also an IEC connector.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEC_connector

> >  - Quality of Case to bad (Plastik)
>
> With the exception of a Steatite "ruggedised" laptop, an old Panasonic
> "Toughbook" and an IBM T41 (I think), all the laptop cases I've seen are
> cheap plastic.

You've not seen a Macbook Pro, then. Or, err, Powerbooks in the last 7-8 years.

The new MBP certainly feels solidly built, given it's a block of aluminium.

Dan
--
The soul would have no rainbow had the eyes no tears.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk