[Gllug] how safe is linux against identity thief

James Laver gllug at jameslaver.com
Tue Mar 31 09:37:06 UTC 2009

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 10:06:07AM +0100, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> I've always worried about DD for paying CC in the event that someone were
> to fradualently use my CC. In the past I've had several thousand GBP
> worth of fradulent charges on my CC, and would not have wanted that
> immediately direct debited from my bank account. Of course they are
> supposed to refund direct debits, no questions asked, but has anyone
> had experiance of getting this done after disputed CC charges ?

Well if they don't refund it within 24 hours, I trust that you'll be informing them of your intention to take them to court.

Short answer is it depends who you get. But after you speak to their line manager's line manager and inform them of your intention to reclaim your
money through the legal system, with interest, they fold.

It's in the direct debit guarantee, and that _is_ enshrined in law.

--James
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk