[Gllug] Grauniad Technology

j.roberts j.roberts at stabilys.com
Sat Mar 21 01:20:37 UTC 2009

Christopher Currie wrote:

> Actually, this is classic Andrew Brown technique. Whatever he's writing about,
> he just loves getting people hot under the collar, and then putting in a
> balancing item later on that they won't read. This creates a furore which
> increases sales

I'd have to disagree with you - but only because this article has caused
two of our clients, who we are talking through the possibility of
dumping MS licensing and moving to OpenOffice and so on, have contacted
us to say how much this article has encouraged them.

So perhaps more people read to the end than you suspect.

In fact the most influential (pace Cialdini) parts of any presentation
are the first and last few minutes.

MeJ

--

James Roberts