[Gllug] Linux has arrived

Jason Clifford jason at ukfsn.org
Sat Mar 21 23:40:07 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-03-21 at 02:10 +0000, Christopher Hunter wrote:
> That's exactly what happened to me the other day - I took out my
> Ubuntu-loaded laptop on the train and fired it up.  The woman next to me
> asked "Do you prefer Gnome or kde?".  I was stunned!

Had something similar happen this morning. I was at Alexandra Palace ice
rink with my kids (for their lessons) and someone walked up and asked if
I was running Ubuntu on my laptop. He then told me he's a systems
architect contractor and loves Ubuntu, etc.

I made a point of letting him know about GLLUG, Lonix, etc. Perhaps I
will see him there again next week.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk