[Gllug] [O/T] Grr... new keyboard

j.roberts j.roberts at stabilys.com
Thu Mar 12 11:41:15 UTC 2009

Caroline Ford wrote:

> Well this thread seems to be intended to encourage people not to post
> to the list.
>
> They certainly don't like those of us with mobile clients but I
> certainly don't have time to save all my Gllug email until the rare
> times that I have desktop access to my personal email.
>
> You guys just seem massively old fashioned.

Hmm, quite so.

I have a proposal: why not modify the list sig?

'Please avoid top posting when feasible'

I accept the list rules and have no problem with the rationale.

But for those who actually cannot read a standard commercial-email-type
top posting, common to just about every email I send a receive, then I
hope you do not soon need to chance the job market :)

 > Caroline
 > Who isn't unsubscribing but is seriously tempted.

Beware of the trolls! And ignore discourtesy, it eventually goes away.
Unlike, I hope, you.

--

James Roberts
Stabilys.com