[Gllug] FC9 Firefox Gecko Crash

Ken Smith kens at kensnet.org
Fri Mar 27 21:51:46 UTC 2009

On my wife's Thinkpad (Intel Video) with FC9 sometimes the icons on
Firefox are missing, also elsewhere on the display.

Her login works reasonably well but on my login Firefox shows the BBC
news site without any text at all and when I run SeaMonkey I get a Gecko
crash report.

I have trashed the .mozilla folder in my home directory, as I was trying
to understand how my wifes config works most of the time and mine
dosn't. I even replaced my .mozilla folder with hers to no effect.  If I
remote the X session to another machine Firefox still shows no text on
the BBC news site.

Any ideas where to start sorting this out???

Thanks

Ken

believed to be clean.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk