[Gllug] Which architecture?

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Mon May 4 10:35:53 UTC 2009

Peter Corlett wrote:
[a correction to the misinformation I'd posted about iPlayer]
> It works just fine on this brand new 64 bit MacBook Pro without
> installing anything. I've just fired up a Radio 4 comedy to check that
> the radio stuff wasn't still using Real.

I sit corrected.  I admit to not having tried to use iPlayer in a while,
but I'd struggled with it in the past and completely failed to get it
going.  I've just tried it again and they do seem to have fixed an awful
lot of its failings - it does now appear to Just Work(TM) provided you
have the right plug-ins.

To the original poster, visit Adobe's web site and download the 64 bit
version of Flash for Linux and you should be laughing (modulo the
previous bit about licences).

Cheers,
John
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk