[Gllug] OpenMoko Neo Freerunner

James Laver james.laver at gmail.com
Fri May 1 07:38:50 UTC 2009

On 1 May 2009, at 08:33, tid wrote:

> Hear hear.
>
> I've just replaced my nokia 6310i handset for another one
> costing £26. I've looked long and hard at iphonies and
> crackberries, but am now firmly back in the 'do one thing
> and do it well' camp. The phone runs for a week or so on
> one charge. It lost two bar's worth of power whilst I was
> at 2400 meters up an alp, whereas my colleagues' more
> modern phones all died after ~2 hours.

I used to have zip pockets on a jacket, and I had my nokia 3310 locked
in there when the zip jammed, for nearly a fortnight. I took it out
and it still had a bar of battery.

> Pictures? I've got a decent camera. Music? I've got a MP3
> player somewhere. Email? I've got a laptop.

I'd rather have the extra bulk for the extra quality for each of them.

> And I can strip it down to it's basic parts when I drop it in
> the bath, as I frequently do.

I had one phone survive the washing machine intact, and another did
apart from the battery.

If that's not testament to quality engineering, what is?

--James
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk