[Gllug] ed vs emacs/vi, was: ed vs emacs, was: OpenMoko Neo Freerunner

Rich Walker rw at shadowrobot.com
Tue May 12 19:16:44 UTC 2009

general_email at technicalbloke.com wrote:
> For productivity stuff like programming, where I might want macros and
> regex and ftp I would never use a terminal app, not while I'm sitting at
> a box clicking away 3000 million times a second, what on earth would be
> the point? On a side note, I've just decided I'm going to call the next
> machine I build chocohammer ;)

I use nano an embarrassing amount, because I'm always forgetting to
forward X on my ssh connections, so I can't use emacs.

Mind you, at the moment I seem to have half-a-dozen putty's open on a
Windows laptop, each running emacs on a remote machine. And doing email
in Thunderbird. Odd.

cheers, Rich.

rich walker         |  Shadow Robot Company | rw at shadowrobot.com
technical director     251 Liverpool Road   | skype: rich_at_shadow
need a Hand?           London  N1 1LX       | +44 20 7700 2487
http://www.shadowrobot.com/hand/              @shadowrobot
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk