[Gllug] TV ExpressCard/USB - any recommendations/avoids?

Christopher Mocock chris at wavestore.com
Tue Nov 17 12:05:35 UTC 2009

t.clarke wrote:
> I have to say honestly that whilst an HD picture is very good it is not
> '5 times more detail' than an SD picture as touted by the vendors!!

1080p HD is approximately 2 million pixels, as opposed to about 400,000
pixels for SD, so it really is about 5 times the resolution. Granted it
may not appear 5 times better to the viewer, but there's only so much
detail that the human eye will consciously notice. As you rightly
pointed out, the compression will play a part in this.

--
Chris
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk