[Gllug] Take a look at my photos on Facebook

JLMS jjllmmss at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 5 11:25:07 UTC 2009

On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 11:10 AM, Peter Cannon <peter at cannon-linux.co.uk> wrote:
> Christopher Hunter wrote:
>
>>> Microsoft is going to have a choice "Please choose Firefox, Opera,
>>> Chrome or have ours Explorer" If that's the case I want to see Explorer
>>> available native, none of that wine crossover rubbish, in the repo's.
>>
>> That doesn't make sense...
>
> Yes it does, banging on about the EU directive is just stupid its like
> school playground tactics "Miss miss its not fair they wont let me kick
> the ball, make em stop wearing them Nike boots then maybe I've got a chance"

Sorry, but that is a bad analogy.

Microsoft was found to be abusing (yet again) their dominant position
in the market.

You may not like it, but the EU body charged with investigating these
matters reached that conclusion after quite an exhaustive (some would
say slow) investigation in the matter.

If what you are suggesting is that Microsoft should be treated lightly
fine, but lets not pretend there is no issue to be redressed here.

> What has the EU Directive got to do with the quality of Windows 7
> anyway? Are we saying "Rip out Explorer and stick Firefox in?" surely
> that would make Windows 7 even better?

Absolutely nothing really, but at this point the original context of
the discussion is too diluted.

<sniop>
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk