[Gllug] Take a look at my photos on Facebook

Christopher Hunter cehunter at gb-x.org
Wed Nov 4 19:14:42 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-11-04 at 11:30 +0000, JLMS wrote:

> If a ragtag group of developers or other conglomerates can get that
> bit right, what is stopping Microsoft achieving something similar?

It's because of a set of decisions taken by Bill G in about 1989.  He
decided that Windows had to be "easy to use", that every user could be
an "administrator" and that even passwords would be optional!

> I have seen with my own eyes organizations brought down to their knees
> by vulnerabilities in Microsoft software or in how that software works
> with other apps (ask Microsoft what goes into the registry in a server
> for example).

Likewise.  I've seen Governments crippled by Windows insecurities!

> If Win7 is better in that regard remains to be seen, the cautious
> person should be very skeptical.

It's just as broken as the last versions.  Microsoft have NEVER released
a properly working product in their entire history!

C.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk