[Gllug] Spontaneous shutdown of laptop

Benjamin Goodacre roger at rabbit.name
Fri Nov 6 13:06:15 UTC 2009

Can you try either using a CPU stress tool or doing the compile on
batteries? I have used http://freshmeat.net/projects/stress/  in the
past for general HW testing. If you can x compiles in a row with no
problems or run the stress test for a multiple of time that the compile
would take then I would suggest that it your problem.

I think the 'PSU card' is usually - if not always - soldered directly on
the mobo though. :(

Benjamin