[Gllug] recommendation for external hard drive

Christopher Hunter cehunter at gb-x.org
Wed Oct 21 23:21:48 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-10-21 at 13:03 +0100, Stuart Sears wrote:

> I've never understood the anti-Maxtor thing.

I certainly do!  I have had a number of drives fail in various machines
over the years, and all (with just one exception) were Maxtor ones!
Their SATA drives (particularly the 80 and 120 Gb ones three or four
years ago) seem to fail after about 13 or 14 months of use.  This was
(of course) just outside their Warranty period!

C.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk