[Gllug] VACANCY: Junior Systems Support

JLMS jjllmmss at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 1 10:41:04 UTC 2009

On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 10:12 AM, Hari Sekhon<hpsekhon at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Peter Corlett wrote:
>> On 28 Aug 2009, at 13:48, James Pearson wrote:
>> [...]
>>
>>> Salary: Up to £18k
>>> Location: Soho, London
>>>

>> Good luck with that..
> Perhaps there should be a rule that no jobs are allowed to be posted
> below the market rate of £<insert value>K per annum or £Y per hour etc
> so as to not risk offending the natives?

Why?

Let everybody make his own mind about this.

There is no market value anyway, the markets in which a person with
little experience moves is completely dissimilar from the one where
high powered techies play their trade, individual circumstances,
changes in technology, current economic climate, etc, etc.

"Market rate" is a term coined by agencies and employers in order to
have a negotiating tool against employees, I would rather not see the
list playing such game and just let job offers float or sink on their
own merit.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk