[Gllug] VACANCY: Junior Systems Support

James Laver gllug at jameslaver.com
Mon Sep 7 10:29:49 UTC 2009

On 7 Sep 2009, at 11:22, - Tethys wrote:

> Personally, I hope that day never comes. Having had the misfortune
> to work with countless talentless morons who had an endless list of
> MSCE / Novell CCxx / Whatever industry "qualifications"

And I've had the misfortune to work with people who have CS degrees
but are quite frankly muppets. If you're going to recognise it in the
case of all those silly vendor qualifications[1], you should at least
concede that having a modern degree means approximately nothing.

--James
[1] And I say that with full awareness that a number of people on this
list possess RHCEs and a couple have been RHCE examiners. The sysadmin
at my previous client had one so was a 'domain expert', which is why I
had to do his job for him
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk