[Gllug] Saturday Meetings - Planning

Ciarán Mooney general.mooney at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 16 08:18:23 UTC 2010

Hi,

People mentioned at the meeting last night that they would enjoy a
Saturday meeting of GLLUG, which I could see being a very fun event.
There were suggestions of maybe beginners python, introductory bash
and installing/helping others install Linux on their machines.

Seán also mentioned the possibility of two speakers that may be
willing to do talks on a Saturday. Could you send me their names and
emails please?

The reason I have organised meetings on a Thursday is that they are
better for me ("scratching my own itch" as they say), but I am happy
to set a date a couple months in the future for a Saturday meeting and
work to it. Maybe August or September? This gives me enough time to
organise a venue, and speakers.

I'll figure out a date, but before then. Please if anyone would like
to give an in depth talk/tutorial on Linux, Free Software, Free
Culture or Open Data on a Saturday in Aug/Sept please email the list
or myself. *Or* if you know of anyone that would be a good person to
ask, please forward their email to me along with a brief background of
who they are (I won't necessarily know them by name)

Regards,

Ciarán

ps.
Apologies to the gentleman I was talking to me at the end of last
night's talk, I assumed you we're going to the pub and was a bit
annoyed with myself when I couldn't continue discussing it with you.
Hopefully I'll see you at the next meeting
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk