[Gllug] Disk Recovery

david at gbenet.com david at gbenet.com
Wed Aug 18 16:07:20 UTC 2010

Hi All,

Whilst backing up my system to a 500Gb drive - it failed. I have since returned
it. Now for the bad news.

I'd copied something like 60Gb of data to my Ubuntu 9.10 system. It had completed
a software upgrade - and on the next boot - failed. I thought that I may recover
by reinstalling and then reading my hard disk. No luck there.

Then I thought I could do a disk recovery of some laptop hard drives. So I set
about searching and installing every linux disk recovery programme that's out there.

All proved to be useless at reading ext3 drives. Not one would read and recovery.
So the question is - is there a disk recovery programme - that creates a bootable
CD that is capable of reading linux partitions?

Regards,

David

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk