[Gllug] Unsubscribing and why

Sarah Lemarié sarah at thaum.net
Wed Aug 18 15:38:28 UTC 2010

> I'm surprised anyone wonders why there are so few women in FLOSS
> development.

Hi Paula,

I'm really sorry to hear your first experience was so atypical of Gllug.

Please stay on the list - I can assure you nothing of that sort has
happened here vs IRC and I've been on the list for years.

There are idiots everywhere on the internet for certain, however the
Gllug admins here are ready to pounce on even an unsuspecting
recruitment agency, nevermind completely unacceptable social
behaviour.

The list is well policed and populated with a great set of
knowledgeable Linux experts. It's even usually on topic. Please stay..
if you're new to the area and/or Linux let me know if you're thinking
of going to a Gllug/Lonix social and I'd be happy to meet up to try
and convince you :)

Sarah.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk