[Gllug] Netbook recommendations

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Tue Aug 17 07:32:26 UTC 2010

On Sun, Aug 15, 2010 at 08:24:25PM +0100, Christopher Hunter wrote:
> On Sun, 2010-08-15 at 14:49 +0100, Adrian McMenamin wrote:
> > Anyone care to recommend some Linux netbooks? Thinking of buying some to
> > allow some sofa surfing ... my kids have a better PC than mine but there's
> > isn't near the TV...
>
> I use an Acer Aspire One - in fact I have two of them (a 9" and an 11"),
> and both run the netbook respin of Ubuntu flawlessly.  They came with
> their own flavour of Xandros Linux on them, but that was quickly
> replaced with something that I liked.

I had a play with one of these in a shop in the US last week.  However
it came with Windows "Starter" Edition -- ie. not only am I paying for
Windows, but I'm even paying for a _crippled_ non-useful version of
Windows.

Anyway, nice hardware.  Where can I get this without Windows / with
Linux?

Rich.

--
Richard Jones