[Gllug] Netbook recommendations

John Hearns hearnsj at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 17 08:40:17 UTC 2010

On 17 August 2010 08:32, Richard Jones <rich at annexia.org> wrote:
> I had a play with one of these in a shop in the US last week.  However
> it came with Windows "Starter" Edition -- ie. not only am I paying for
> Windows, but I'm even paying for a _crippled_ non-useful version of
> Windows.

Talking about cheap netbooks, I was in PC World a couple of weeks ago.
They had a really cheap device on show, which looked as if it ran
something like Windows 95,
but on closer examination the names of the programs it ran were
slightly off - I didn;t spend too long
looking at it though.
My suspicion was that it was running a skinned Linux distro, made to
look like windows.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk