[Gllug] Unsubscribing and why

JLMS jjllmmss at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 18 23:45:14 UTC 2010

On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 3:35 PM, pmgazz <pmgazz at gmx.co.uk> wrote:
> I just exited from a flame in #GLLUG - can't stay on a list where people are
> prepared to call women 'slappers', 'chavs' etc - or to make the kind of
> contemptuous statements about working class people and/or women that I was
> really shocked to hear. I have logs of the convo if anyone finds this hard
> to believe.
>
> I tried to discuss it reasonably but was shouted down.
>
> I'm surprised anyone wonders why there are so few women in FLOSS
> development.
>
> I don't think it's helpful for FLOSS groups to create environments which are
> frankly hostile to women or to people who do not have privileged backgrounds
> and I'm sorry that I'm therefore not able to participate in my local LUG.
>
> Paula (Fossbox)

The worst abuse I have seen in this list is against top posters :-P

Baring that you will be bored to death by intricate technical
discussions by people that know their  stuff way in way out.

Lets let the cowards know that they are held in utter contempt and
hopefully one day they will realize that their "jokes" are a sign of
immaturity and insecurity..
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk