[Gllug] Trojans and social engineering

Gordon Joly gordon.joly at pobox.com
Sun Aug 15 09:15:24 UTC 2010

On 13/08/2010 04:06, general_email at technicalbloke.com wrote:
> I couldn't give a toss about my system files remaining uninfected if the
> privacy and security of the 4TB of data under my user account is
> imperilled :/

Well, yes. I had a small problem with a user level break in, via the
Coppermine Gallery package which Fantastico had not given me the option
upgrade to the latest security patch) so that I had to upgrade manually
in the end.

http://coppermine-gallery.net/

The break in allowed a remote web user to run a file browser that could
view the files available (to the web account, as I recall). This would
include such files as /etc/passwd etc,

Gordo

--

Gordon Joly