[Gllug] Do many people use their own local repos/mirrors

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Sun Aug 29 23:04:13 UTC 2010

On 29 Aug 2010, Alain Williams verbalised:
> Would I pay for such a service: no. It isn't hard to do and if I do it myself
> I have complete control.

More generally, if you'd pay for such a service it's because you have a
slow network link and don't want to pull things across it more than
necessary. If you have a slow network link, you'd want to maintain the
cache locally, not at the other end of the network link.

Would I pay someone to maintain an extra CPAN mirror just for me: uh,
no.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk