[Gllug] Kubuntu 8.04 & a decent Video card

John Hearns hearnsj at googlemail.com
Sun Feb 7 18:35:14 UTC 2010

On 7 February 2010 18:29, Geo <caparo.g at gmail.com> wrote:

> The hassle seems to be the Ubuntu 8.04 has no real support for it or any other
> PCIe card according to the massive amount of googled stuff I have read.

George, I'm a SuSE person so release numbers mean not much to me!

I guess it depends on your rabid allegiance to Richard M Stallman or
you're willing to download the manufacturers  drivers.
Me, I download the Nvidia/ATI  drivers every time. I've got users to
support and a job to do which involves getting things running as well
as possible.
You really DON'T want to explain to your bosses why a spiffing new
workstation with a state of the art 3800 graphics card has no hardware
acceleration and is pretending to be a VGA card.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk