[Gllug] CGI Perl and SELinux

Ken Smith kens at kensnet.org
Thu Jun 24 18:41:45 UTC 2010

Hi Everyone,

I'm in the process of migrating my old FC6 MythTV 0.20 system to Centos
5.5 Myth 0.23.

I'm testing the Mythweb part of the application streaming in flash
format. I'd like to try to get it running with SELinux enabled if
possible. It does work fine without. The Perl CGI script invokes ffmpeg
to convert the video to .flv format. The command line that the perl
script runs redirects the output of ffmpeg to /dev/stdout. The error I
get from Selinux suggests that I run the command:-

chcon -t httpd_sys_content_t 'stdout'

So I guess that the ffmpeg command is being blocked by SELinux because
the context of /dev/stdout in the Apache/Perl environment isn't to its
liking

Is there a way to set the SELinux context of the /dev/stdout redirection
in the Perl/Apache environment?

I think I understand some of the principles here but I'm not quite sure
how this bit works.

Many thanks for any suggestions.

Ken

believed to be clean.