[Gllug] iPads

Jan Henkins jan at henkins.za.net
Thu Jun 17 09:35:01 UTC 2010

On Wed, June 16, 2010 22:07, Frazer Irving wrote:

> My experience runs contrary to both of these observations. I bought the
> wifi
> only model and have it jailbroken with openSSH installed. I used Cydia (an
> iPad app with an apt-get backend for installing more software) to get to
> this point and I now have access to  the entire filesystem as root, so
> getting files on or off is no drama at all. Of course, getting the iPad
> apps to recognise files I upload via this mechanism might be more of an
issue ;)

Interesting approach, thanks for the information. However, I doubt it that
everybody will feel comfortable with the idea of having to jailbreak their
devices. Speaking for myself, I don't have a problem with it, though.

> In any case, I highly recommend Cydia.

Thanks a mil, will try this out as well. We are using iPads where I work
as a business tool, and I was looking for a way to remotely manage them.
Running SSHD on them would help a lot, so IMHO this is valuable info.

--
Regards,
Jan Henkins

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk