[Gllug] Snoracle (was Re: new project HA at home and away)

Victor Churchill vchurchill at softwareshack.eu
Sun Nov 21 13:03:42 UTC 2010

On 21 November 2010 00:52, David L Neil <GLLUG at getaroundtoit.co.uk> wrote:

> Oracle
> Forms is a killer-app, but I still cast about looking for a decent
> 'generator' which will take a MySQL schema and output some framework-y
> HTML (or GTK if you prefer) - for even basic CRUD interactions.
> Businesses love the idea of a simple tool to extract data into a
> spreadsheet, draw pointy-headed presentation graphs, ...

I am just reading up around Catalyst at the moment and get the impression
that it has certainly some of what you list. Doesn't have the pointy clicky
Forms interface but sounds pretty powerful at schema discovery and ties in
nicely to HTML forms templates. (Disclaimer - this is based on reading of
mine, not experience as yet).

--
regards,

Victor Churchill