[Gllug] OT: Anyone using Orange for broadband in North London?

Christopher Hunter cehunter at gb-x.org
Fri Nov 5 00:17:01 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-11-04 at 23:41 +0000, general_email at technicalbloke.com
wrote:

> Anyway, I am asking the opinion of people who have actually used their
> service, have you?

Yes.  For about a week.  I ditched it, and went back to a proper,
clueful, professional provider!

Their traffic shaping is Draconian, their speeds are generally
appalling, and they have frequent outages.

Also - if you go with them, don't tell them you use Linux.  I was told
that I "only use Linux so you can "hack" our machines and try to change
your service" and that they would terminate my service unless I started
to use Windows....

I told them to go forth and multiply, and then I got my money back!

C.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk