[Gllug] 'newaliases' weirdness

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at workshy.org
Mon Nov 8 20:40:00 UTC 2010

On Mon, Nov 08, 2010 at 05:01:08PM +0000, gvim wrote:
> On 08/11/2010 10:52, Jason Clifford wrote:
> >
> > Have you checked your /etc/postfix/main.conf file to make sure that is
> > the location of the aliases file it is actually using?
> >
> > Perhaps you have /etc/postfix/aliases as well.
> >

> Yes, it's all as should be. I asked because the issue only occurred
> with 2 messages sent after the 'newaliases' change. Everything else
> has been fine. It's just very odd. Querying with
>
> postalias -q username /etc/aliases
>
> ... produces the expected results but I just can't account for the 2 anomalies.

It suggests that there were processes still running which had not picked
up the configuration change.  If so, they're probably gone now, although
a complete restart of Postfix would be the only way to be sure of that.

--
Bruce

Bitterly it mathinketh me, that I spent mine wholle lyf in the lists
against the ignorant.  -- Roger Bacon, "Doctor Mirabilis"