[Gllug] OT: Recommend UK domain host

david at gbenet.com david at gbenet.com
Thu Nov 11 11:06:22 UTC 2010

Hi Philip,

I have been with them since 1986 - in fact when the US
government/military whatever decided to create a private company -
Network Solutions took over my account from them.

Being an oldy - I have had no problems with them - I suspect that new
accounts get a pile of shit and they have more commercial interests now.
I can phone them - e-mail them and they say "yes Sir how can be of help."

With the rapid growth in people starting up Name Servers offering low
cost domain name registration - there have been problems no propagation
between name servers. They have always been good to me - having once
been an ISP I can't say with hand on heart that the growth of the world
wide web or the internet has brought great news. Though our hopes for a
much more united planet is still a dream.

David

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk