[Gllug] OT: Mains electricity colour coding.

- Tethys tethys at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 15:53:53 UTC 2010

On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 4:09 PM, John Winters <john at sinodun.org.uk> wrote:

> Given the rubber plugs and sockets generally in use, it was not uncommon
> to find a 13A plug forced into a 15A socket.

I was at a gig last year. The Finnish band in question hadn't
brought any coverter plugs with them, so they just jammed their
2-pin Europlugs into the supplied BS 1363 3-pin sockets.

	http://pics.astradyne.co.uk/ref/091108--plugs.jpg

The pin spacing is different, and the pins are round rather than
rectangular in cross section. But still it made a good enough
connection that they were able to play their set. The pins were
somewhat bent afterwards, though...

Tet

--
“It seems intuitively obvious to me, which means that it might be
wrong.” -- Chris Torek
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk