[Gllug] Apache update failing in Ubuntu 10.04

general_email at technicalbloke.com general_email at technicalbloke.com
Sun Oct 10 17:28:34 UTC 2010

Hi all,

Getting these messages when I try to install updates in Ubuntu...

E: apache2.2-common: subprocess installed post-installation script
returned error exit status 1
E: apache2-mpm-prefork: dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
E: apache2: dependency problems - leaving unconfigured

Had a quick google and found a forum poster who claims he fixed the
error by completely uninstalling Apache and then reinstalling it. While
that may work it's not a production box and it still seems to be running
fine I so thought I'd ask here first: how might I go about debugging the
problem in situ? I assume there's must be some more detailed error
messages lurking in a logfile somewhere, but where might they be?

Cheers,

Roger.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk