[Gllug] Outlook exchange alternatives

Simon Wilcox essuu at ourshack.com
Thu Sep 9 09:30:55 UTC 2010

On 09/09/2010 01:57, Christopher Hunter wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-09-08 at 17:16 +0100, Simon Wilcox wrote:
>
>> It's not particularly expensive&  contrary to the
>> usual FUD, recent versions of Exchange are not insecure or unstable.
>
> That's not the experience of the large Government department I work for.

Well specifically I was talking about small businesses, where it pretty
much just works for most homogeneous cases.

I agree that large installations can go wrong but the same is true for
all large scale software deployments and I'm sure you can find large
installations of just about anything that are good and plenty that are bad.

I find it interesting that despite the general hate poured on Exchange,
there is still no decent OSS alternative to it, hence this thread.

S.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk