[Gllug] OT: Network connection for home to cloud backup

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Sat Sep 18 23:11:23 UTC 2010

On 18 Sep 2010, James Courtier-Dutton said:
> You can have very large packets in AAL5, something over 60000 bytes,
> so one can, if the ISP permits, even have 1500 MTU over IPSEC without
> having to fragment,

Quite so.

> It also means it is ready for jumbo packets that are found in IPv6.

Well, jumbo packets are found in IPv4 as well, but they're not as common
(except on GbE and espeically 10GbE links, where you have no choice but
to go jumbo).

--
"Not even if I had to walk barefoot across hot coals to the machine room
to toggle the boot media into core whilst fighting off zombies AND veloci-
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk