[Gllug] Phone scam?

Steve Parker steve at steve-parker.org
Tue Apr 19 12:52:25 UTC 2011

On 19/04/11 11:59, sean wrote:
> i am not a great fan of encase, but it will analyse linux based disk
> images. a file system is just bytes organised into blocks with some
> data structures and algorithms to stitch it all together. the
> algorithms are all documented and open source is of course even easier
> because the code is available.
Speaking of which, is anybody aware of the principles behind LUKS; does
it use any standard, peer-reviewed techniques, or its own "works for me"
code to do its encryption? I find it convenient to use, but have no idea
how secure (or otherwise) it might be.

Not that I have anything in particular to hide from Her Majesty's finest
specifically, but just wondered how effective an encryption method it is.

Steve
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk