[Gllug] OT smartphone advice

Richard W.M. Jones rich at annexia.org
Fri Apr 15 15:54:39 UTC 2011

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 04:28:43PM +0100, Dylan wrote:
> Anyone fancy sharing advice or opinions on the current crop of
> smartphones?  What's the word on Android vs. whatever else is out
> there (NOT iphone - don't want anything from Apple)?

I got a network-free Google Nexus S (ie. Samsung Galaxy S hardware
with bog-standard Android from Google).

Nice phone that (very) occasionally loses the ability to make calls
and requires a reboot.  The quality of the hardware -- still camera
and video in particular -- is amazing.

> How is the internet service from the various providers?

I'm using O2 with an unlimited 3G data plan with no particular
problems.

Rich.

--
Richard Jones