[Gllug] Forward of moderated message

John G Walker johngeoffreywalker at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Aug 26 12:32:01 UTC 2011

On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 12:28:39 +0100 Christopher Hunter
<cehunter at gb-x.org> wrote:

> GIMP wins in EVERY way!

If this is true, the why does Photoshop win every time when someone
asks which package people would most like porting to Linux?

Don't get em wrong. GIMP is a very good product, but Photoshop is the
more sophisticated package. It's also the more expensive - much more
expensive. Whether you need to pay the price for it depends on how
sophisticated your needs are. There are a lot of people whose needs go
well in advance of anything GIMP has to offer, and there are a lot of
people whose needs don't. You have to make up your own mind which large
crows you belong to.

Just for the record, I'm a fence-sitter. I still have Photoshop 6,
bought before I started to use Linux. But I use GIMP a lot so that I
don't have to do things on two machines,
--
 All the best,
 John
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk