[Gllug] Bits of virtualisation

David L Neil GLLUG at GetAroundToIt.co.uk
Sat Dec 31 08:03:30 UTC 2011

Rich,

> Put Fedora 16 on the host.  Red Hat has the largest team working on
> server virtualization and KVM.
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Getting_started_with_virtualization
> https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/13/html/Virtualization_Guide/
> http://virt-tools.org/
> http://planet.virt-tools.org/
>
> There are also test packages of OpenStack available if you want to try
> out cloudy stuff (these are fine to try now and will be production
> ready in F17):
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/OpenStack

Thanks - I'd registered this course from your earlier posts (yes,
someone does read them, even in lurk-mode!)

Also for the references - I'm working my way through them but have
decided to start with the new?old laptop and Virtual Box so that I'm
ready to go when school re-commences; and then I can come back to 'play'
with learning the KVM-based stuff that I anticipate will be more
professionally useful...

Have appreciated your help over the last year - only three more hours to
go for me. Looking forward to future developments in the Red Hat/Fedora
world, and wishing you, and yours, the very best for 2012...

--
Regards,
=dn
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk