[Gllug] IPv6 allocation options

Daniel P. Berrange dan at berrange.com
Thu Jan 20 11:36:06 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 11:24:53AM +0000, John Edwards wrote:

> ps. Has anyone ever seen a IP-enabled fridge for sale to consumers?
> It seems to be a myth used by people who are IPv6 sceptic, or science
> fiction fans.

http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/internet_fridges.php

  "The Electrolux Cyber fridge was released in 2006 and
   it pretty much sums up the current state of the market
   for Internet fridges. As the Appliancist website noted:

     "The Screenfridge is equipped with a computer and a
      touch screen so you can surf the Internet, send
      e-mails and buy and order food for your home without
      leaving the kitchen [...]"

   In other words, it's just a computer tacked onto a fridge.
   No automation, no RFID tags, none of the 'Internet of
   Things' functionality we're all looking forward to.
   Clearly the age of the Internet fridge hasn't yet arrived."

The fridge has been waiting for IPv6 of course ;-P

Daniel