[Gllug] IPv6 allocation options

John Hearns hearnsj at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 20 11:37:27 UTC 2011

On 20 January 2011 11:24, John Edwards <john at cornerstonelinux.co.uk> wrote:

> ps. Has anyone ever seen a IP-enabled fridge for sale to consumers?
> It seems to be a myth used by people who are IPv6 sceptic, or science
> fiction fans.

Nope, but I for one don't need IPV6 to mount a DoS attack on my
fridge. I usually find a few beers helps though.

I'm not an IPV6 expert by any means  (hint - I club farms of
recalcitrant servers over the head to run parallel jobs for
a living, which normally involves Layer 2 and lots of it)
but I thought IPV6 was a superset of IPV4 - what has been the
impediment to getting this party rolling?
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk