[Gllug] Could you build a distro?

Krishna Birth krishnabirth at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 20:48:34 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 8:36 PM, Martin A. Brooks <martin at hinterlands.org> wrote:

> Actually writing code is not the hardest thing in a software project.  The
> hard bit is working out what code needs to be written and then making it
> happen in a way that doesn't make future maintainers burst into tears and
> anger.

See I have approached other non-LUG Linux forums.  I am surprised with
all the activity on those forums, there was not much help.  I have
approached Kendall Weaver at Peppermint Linux in USA and also Philip
Newborough at CrunchBang Linux in UK.  Both in their own way
unfortunately turned me down.  It would have been easy if a linux
distributor could do this project because they have the experience.

> Uhh probably.  But I'd be unlikely to want to.  Crackpot notions about the
> purity, or lack thereof, of the letter K are entirely irrelavent to any
> systems I care about.

See when it comes to esoteric philosophy / spirituality, people assume
it is religion.  It is above changeable religion.

> Ahh, this'll be the big evolutionary step that eveything you're planning
> leads up to, then.  Go on, tell me what it is.

....software, development, a specific website home page on the
browser, startup screen connects to video website/s,  related with
model railroad / railway, diecasting and ‘automation over internet
protocol’ (AOIP) especially Rail Model AOIP (RMAOIP)

Regards,

Meeku
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk