[Gllug] IPv6?

Chris Bell chrisbell at chrisbell.org.uk
Fri May 6 07:05:47 UTC 2011

Hello,
   All my Linux boxes (except my current firewall) should be happy with IPv4
and IPv6 and I had assumed that I would eventually get an allocated IPv6
address, possibly related to my fixed IPv4 address so that one can be
tunnelled through the other, and that eventually all IPv4 addresses would be
withdrawn. I have not seen any suggested schedule, so perhaps it might
happen as domain allocations are renewed. Reading the information provided
by UKFSN it seems that it might be either/or so any IPv6 allocation will
immediately replace IPv4. Is that correct?

--
Chris Bell www.chrisbell.org.uk

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk