[Gllug] Phone scam?

Jason Clifford jason at ukfsn.org
Sat May 7 09:17:45 UTC 2011

On Sat, 2011-05-07 at 07:23 +0100, general_email at technicalbloke.com
wrote:
> I read several forensics blogs and some of these guys seem really on top
> of their game.

That being true doesn't change the fact that before anything can get to
them it has to get through the filter of which ever police force front
line you try to report a crime to. That is the point at which the lack
of clue is likely to bite you.

> skills - whether there are enough of them is a separate point. To think
> running linux or BSD makes you immune to forensic analysis if you are
> suspected of committing a relatively serious crime would be very naive!

True however someone who chooses to use a Free Software platform *might*
have the sense to ensure they are using an encrypted filesystem in a
fairly secure manner.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk