[Gllug] Alternatives to googlemail

Andy Millar andy at andymillar.co.uk
Sun May 29 10:12:10 UTC 2011

On Sun, 2011-05-29 at 12:06 +0200, Daniel Mang wrote:
> I do want to keep a few years worth of emails (currently 7 GB), and
> have my contacts in a remote database as well, and be able to sync
> them with the contacts on my phone.

Although equally non-linuxy, I actually run Exchange for this.

Secure webmail, no-one has access to my data, and works flawlessly with
most major phone vendors (iPhone, Blackberry and Windows Mobile - i'm
told that it works well with android but I've not tried).

I suppose I prefer to pay the M$ tax to keep my data secure.

May the flaming begin :-(

Andy

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk