[Gllug] Rekindling interest in London LUG events

Gary Pownall gary_pownall at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 29 11:02:19 UTC 2012

On 29 Apr 2012, at 08:22, Donald Williams wrote:

> Hi - as an arthritically bedevilled 78-year-old who has given up marathons and stuff, can I ask the able-bodied among you to consider as a venue the only pub I can easily get to in my area - the Birchwood of Abbey Wood? They do have a function room. I think there are some potential GLLUG members in this area (even other old farts like me!) who might more easily make it there and enjoy what I have called for years the best pub in South London ... I've been into Linux for some years - I can't be alone here.
>
> Don

Good god Don!  I live in Sewell Road Abbey Wood - about 10 minutes from the Birchwood - what an excellent idea!  As a 54 year old who's only been into Linux for 10 years (Mandrake 9.1) I'm probably still a bit wet behind the ears compared to your good self.

Perhaps we can start an Abbey Wood Lug, or possibly expand that to encompass Greenwich.  We could call it Greenlug - hee hee

Gary

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk