[Gllug] Rekindling interest in London LUG events

Alec Battles alec.battles at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 11:49:51 UTC 2012

>> To get fresh blood in I will be promoting this event as widely as
>> possible through Geeks of London, London Hack Space and in Linux
>> Format Magazine to see how much interest there might be when it comes
>> to doing a more formal LUG.

i am interested in this, so just my 2 cents.

i found there to be a relatively small number of linux users at the
LHS during my time there. (so small that i always made it a topic of
conversation when i noticed someone wasn't using a mac or...) it seems
weird to me, but there are a lot of regular windows users at the LHS,
and the last time i stepped in there i even heard someone trashing
linux, so...

YMMV, but i would suggest brainstorming to find even more possible
nodes where command-line cowboys are hiding in their mole holes.

off the top of my head, there *must* be some way to get the attention
of greater-london and london-based users of unix.stackexchange.com --
this could bring a huge number of users who are otherwise hard to
reach. as far as mailing lists go, UKnots, the perl monks, and Debian
UK would also all be good places to promote things.

Alec
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk